The analog In- and Outputs of this „+24dBu“ version can receive and send levels of up to +24dBu instead of +20dBu. The PULSE16 DX is much more than a 16 x 16 channel AD / DA converter. In addition to studio-grade analog inputs and outputs up to 192kHz, the PULSE16 DX offers an impressive number of digital interfaces, ready for any task. All equipment, whether analog, ADAT, or MADI is brought together into the device, and can be distributed over a sophisticated routing matrix in groups of 8 channels. And that’s not all: The Dante interface with 64 x 64 channels (also integrated into the routing matrix), redundantly implemented via two RJ45 sockets, connects the PULSE16 DX to the network: Dante opens up a new dimension of flexibility. No matter which analog or digital signals are to be connected: the PULSE16 DX does the job.
Packed in a just 1HU, this highly integrated converter has 16 x 16 balanced analog TRS sockets using studio levels up to +20dBu – individually adjustable in 1dB steps. The Low Latency Cirrus Logic converters, accompanied with a a temperature-compensated clock and jitter reduction PLL guarantee best crystal clear sound.
Besides Dante, the 4 x 4 ADAT ports deliver enough bandwidth to convert all 16 x 16 analog signals at 96kHz, or even 32 x 32 channels at 48kHz. MADI adds another 64 x 64 channels, and is implemented using a modular SFP conection to offer different MADI standards (like Singlemode). Just replace the MADI module by a different model.
Configuring the device is a breeze thanks to the two TFT screens. No need to consult the manual, every information is displayed clearly on the screens. Remote control via MIDI and MADI is also possible.
The headphone can be connected to any analog or digital input or output: ideal for control or monitoring.
The fanless, compact 1HU device is the ultimate problem solver for studio, live sound, broadcast and recording – wherever high-end, multi-format conversion is needed in the Dante network.
MADI I/O (AES10)
SFP Singlemode included
SFP Multimode optional
SFP port for MADI optical Multimode or Singlemode SFP module
- 64 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 32 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 16 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz
Support of MIDI over MADI.
Latency: 2 samples
Analog Inputs (AD)
2 x CS5368 (Cirrus Logic)
16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Analog switches: +20dBu, +13dBu, +4dBu
- Digital gain: +20dBu … -8dBu, 1dB steps
- @48kHz: 12/fs, 0.25ms
- @96kHz: 9/fs, 0.09ms
- @192kHz: 5/fs, 0.03ms
TFT screen, 28 levels
Analog Outputs (DA)
2 x CS4385 (Cirrus Logic)
16 x TRS ¼” (6.3mm), female
- Digital gain: +20dBu … -8 dBu, 1dB steps
- @48kHz: 7.8/fs, 0.16ms
- @96kHz: 5.4/fs, 0.06ms
- @192kHz: 6.6/fs, 0.03ms
- 1 x ¼” (6.3mm) TRS jack, stereo.
- Selectable mono or stereo source.
- Digitally controlled volume level.
4+4 optical ports (8 channels each with 48 kHz)
- 16 channels @32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz
- 16 channels @64kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
- 8 channels @128kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz (SMUX4 – only with installed MADI MX option)
Latency: 2 samples
- 2 x DIN5 connector for remote control of the unit
- Conversion MIDI <> MIDI over MADI possible (MADI MX option required.)
- BNC: 1 x input, 1 x output
- 75 Ohm Termination switchable for input
- 1 x input jack with screw lock.
- Power required: 12VA in operation, 0,1VA in standby mode (Efficiency Level VI)
- Internal resettable polyfuse
- 1 x power supply included
- SMUX4 with 192 kHz operation (requires installed MADI SFP).
- Delay-compensation for MADI chain (requires installed MADI SFP).
- MIDI over MADI Preset Management (requires installed MADI SFP)
- TCXO (temp. compensated oscillator) with high accuracy.
- Initial accuracy: +/-1.5ppm
- Over temperature range: +/-2.5ppm
- Aging: +/-1ppm
- Digitally controlled PLL / Jitter reduction system
- Output jitter: 50ps … 100ps typ.
- 2 x TFT Color Screens for the complete control of all analog I/O levels and all settings of the unit
- One Key Control provides an easy control of all functions.
- Multi language help pages guides available (No need to study the manual.)
- Depth: 19cm (7.5”) (including connectors)
2 kg (4.4lbs)
41°F up to 113°F (+5°C up to +45°C)
CV Out option
Allows the output of DC voltage at the analog outputs of the Pulse16. This allows control voltages (CV) to be generated via a CV plugin in a DAW, allowing modular systems to be controlled from the analog outputs.
+24dBu I/O option
This option raises the maximum input and output level of the 16 analog inputs and outputs from +20dBu to +24dBu, which then complies with the SMPTE standard.
Please note that these are BTO (built-to-order) options which cannot be retrofitted.